2020/21 Player Registration Available
The online player registration system for 2020/21 is now available through the FA’s Whole Game System (WGS), https://wholegame.thefa.com/.
With League’s mandated to implement the FA’s Player Registration System from the 2021/22 season we made the decision to move to the Whole Game System a season early due to the benefits called out by The FA (see below), enable the SPL to reduce costs and
- Secure storage of player records
- Records updated annually, creating a lasting history for each player
- More efficient club discipline management
- Use of the FA number (FAN) to create a single player view – particularly for those clubs using Full-Time
- Providing your club with better player information to help you plan for the future
- Access to Matchday, The FA’s mobile app that helps organise your football life. For more details, visit theFA.com/get-involved/Matchday
We managed to agree some extra help from The FA and make the registration process easier with you by all Under 16 players being uploaded into the WGS which you will see once logged in.
We have added step by step guidance to https://surreyprimaryleague.com/administration/ under the ‘Player Registration’ heading.
Here are some tips and answers to some common questions and to help you use the online system.
#1 Have you registered your teams on WGS? Whilst your teams do not need to have completed their affiliation to begin registering players, the teams do need to be on the Whole Game System to allow registration.
#2 Decide who will register players. The WGS offers the flexibility for you and your club to decide who can register your players. You can choose to keep this to one person, one or two people or open it up to your team managers and administrators.
#3 Accessing WGS. If you are the appointed Club Secretary, Chairperson, Treasurer or Welfare Officer you will already have access to the Player Registration tool within WGS. Instructions to access WGS can be found here, https://surreyprimaryleague.com/accessing-and-logging-into-wgs/
#4 Opening up access. To give access for the Player Registration to more people in your club follow the instructions here,,https://surreyprimaryleague.com/accessing-and-logging-into-wgs/
#5 Get Registering Once you have access or have granted access there are step by step user guides to,
- Detaching players from your club
- Searching for and adding new players
- Assigning players to teams
- Obtaining player consent
- Adding ID Check
#6 Don’t forget the checklist One thing we wanted to point out is the checklist you need to follow for each player before submitting them to the SPL to approve. More information is available here, https://surreyprimaryleague.com/submitting-to-the-spl-for-approval/
- Is the player assigned to the correct Team(s)? See how here
- Do you have consent from the Player (or parent if under the age of 16)? See how here
- Have you added any relevant ID Checks? See how here
- Have you added a photo to the player records? See how here
We hope the step by step guidance makes it a seamless as possible and we encourage clubs to begin registering players ASAP to avoid a late season rush when we get the go ahead to begin the 2020/21 season. For help, we recommend checking out the online help, https://surreyprimaryleague.com/need-help-with-player-registration/ and if that doesnt work, please contact your Parent County Football Association. If this doesnt work, we will attempt to assist and therefore email, PlayerReg@surreyprimaryleague.com