Storm Ciara Update

with No Comments

Saturday 8th February – Update

We have already seen clubs in different parts of the county postpone all home games for tomorrow and the weather predictions have not really changed.

The League ask for all clubs to review expected local conditions and make sensible decisions as to whether the games go ahead tomorrow – make the decisions as soon as possible to allow people to make other plans and to avoid unnecessary travel.

Please make sure travelling conditions are taken into account as well as the safety of all involved.

Thanks

League Committee

 

 

Friday 7th February – Update

With the poor weather forecast for this coming weekend the SPL Committee would like to update all clubs as below.

We will continue to monitor the weather reports and if the outlook worsens then we will make a full league decision during Saturday PM.

Up until then we ask all Clubs/Teams to liaise with their home venues and opposition and make sensible decisions on whether the games are played this Sunday – the key here is that player, coach and spectator safety has to come first and this includes travel to and from games.

We understand that all want to get the games played but we must be mindful of the potential risks involved.

Please keep in regular contact with each other and where possible do this via telephone to ensure receipt – full contact information for all clubs and teams is available to coaches on the website.

SPL Committee

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *